Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Stevieb
what version of OpenCATS are you running?
CATS Version 0.9.1 (Beas)

what platform are you running it on (WAMP/LAMP)
XAMPP 1.8.0

does your OpenCATS run on a Dedicated server, VPS, or shared?
Nope localhost here in the office

Have you checked your error logs for your webserver? Do they tell you anything useful? Post them!
Yep, here it is: http://pastebin.com/xyviPAUc (Means NOTHING to me though! :) )

can you reproduce your error?
Consistently

have you searched the site to see if it's already reported?
Yes, no luck.

==============================================================

Hi guys,

As mentioned above I'm trying to run CATS on a local XAMPP install here in the office. I'm facing several error messages.

Firstly, when I try and login, I SOMETIMES get a huge list of errors at the top of the page; as I say it only happens sometimes which is weird.
Code: Select all
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\web_tester.php on line 506

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\test_case.php on line 74

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\test_case.php on line 76

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\test_case.php on line 444

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\test_case.php on line 557

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\test_case.php on line 604

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\expectation.php on line 33

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 180

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 192

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 202

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 253

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 270

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\browser.php on line 289

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 103

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 282

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 519

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 522

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\http.php on line 525

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\url.php on line 382

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\page.php on line 165

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\page.php on line 177

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\page.php on line 190

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\page.php on line 631

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\parser.php on line 208

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\parser.php on line 590

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\form.php on line 176

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\form.php on line 195

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 48

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 180

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 299

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\user_agent.php on line 317

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 47

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 62

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 233

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 239

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\simpletest\unit_tester.php on line 250
I can log in no problem, however once I'm there I got more errors. Underneath where it says:
Important Candidates (Submitted, Interviewing, Offered in Active Job Orders) - Page 1 (0 Items)
I get the following:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1817

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1833

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1817

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1833

And below that, under where it's supposed to list the First/Last name, Status, Position etc I get:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1909

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DataGrid.php on line 1909
When I go to the "Activities" Page at the top I get:
Strict Standards: Non-static method DateUtility::subtractDaysFromDate() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\modules\activity\ActivityUI.php on line 283

Strict Standards: Non-static method DateUtility::addDaysToDate() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\lib\DateUtility.php on line 282
To be honest, there seem to be errors relating to XAMPP all over the place. I'm guessing if I stuck this in the live environment it would probably be fine, but I'm hoping to keep it localhost and out of public view.

Do any of you have experience with running it in XAMPP? Any and all advice is much appreciated. :)

Steve
By bbaaxx
These errors are related to the PHP version and have nothing to do with XAMPP. As a matter of fact, these are not errors but just notifications from PHP of deprecated syntax used in Open CATS.

You can safely ignore them by setting error reporting to 0 on you PHP.ini file (up to PHP 5.4).
Info here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php

Alternatively you can try to update the code by hand, is quite easy with a little PHP knowledge and it involves replacing the ereg_replace functions with preg_replace (just mind the new syntax for the regex) and replacing all of the '&new' object asignemt with 'new' (without the ampersand).

Info here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2443 ... eg-replace
and here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1086 ... deprecated

Regards

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]