General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By jhebert
I am currently using smartrecruiters as my free ATS, and thinking about switching to OpenCats. Does anyone have experience in dealing with both systems, and what would you stay the pros/cons are of each?
thanks
By RussH
SmartRecruiters vs Opencats.

There are some comments here;
http://www.opencats.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130

but well it depends really. The virtues of opencats are that;
a) you retain your own data
b) you can customise it yourself (career portal, joomla, drupal integration)
c) if you are a coder (or have access to a coder) you can integrate it to additional systems easily (Asterisk, CallerID, CRM etc)

That said - you will probably need to run your own instance - therefore you need to be comfortable that YOU are running a MySQL server (either on WAMP or LINUX) and that if YOU do not support / backup / maintain that server then your core business tool is dead. It's relatively easy to get a backup reigime in place - but just as easy to forget about it until it's too late.

opencats is some simple php/mysql coding (original coders of it please dont flame me for that!) and reasonably accessible to anyone looking at the code.

I suspect SmartRecruiters has more hooks in it for outlook /email integration

I would want to express my gratitude for providing[…]

Sure, I'll look into the issue with the export fun[…]

Hi there. I'm not a software guy but I think it […]

You can create your own questionnaire or multipl[…]