General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
alexukie wrote:Did Resfly stop being open source too? Resume imports no longer work.

Alex
I wouldn't be surprised - I expect the CPL versions (I wont say Open Source!) load their parsing server quite allot! Certainly the page on ResFly that let you submit a sample CV (resume) to be parsed has disappeared. Perhaps it was optimised for American format CV's (oops, resumes) but it barely picked up on more than the applicants name for me when I tried it.

However - so long as it's not integrated into the CPL code, I don't see why we can't investigate using an Open Source Parsing engine such as ClearParse;
http://www.clearjump.com/support/faq/cpfaq.php

I'll add it to my own list of 'things to investigate when I have time'... If you can get to it first - you're more than welcome!
By mabdalla
I have some news about parsing utilities.. will post them good time once i have something to show you isa.
By RussH
I IM'd mabdalla offline and took a look at what he's working on - it looks really promising... however it's his project to announce when he's ready!

I'm also working hard to get my Joomla module finalised before posting it here - so lotsa work outside the forums! I've had a few requests to have the SVN repo up and running so that some fixes can be posted - and I have that to do as well..
By mabdalla
I'm still working on my own parser and i think its reached some good results so far. We are incorporating Learning and AI tech in the architecture of the solution, but its still in early development phase.

For any Technical people reading this, i'd appreciate if someone with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Text /Data Mining experiance show up as we still have many unanswered questions.

Email me if' you're interested in Parsing technology. Its an Open-Ended problem, and we're trying our best to improve our information detection techniques.
By RussH
tonnic wrote:...dead thread?.
Not entirely - I'll leave it to Mabdalla to fill in the details but I've parsed a few C.V.'s with his parser and it picks up basic info - but tbh I think there are open source projects out there based upon Lucene and GATE which can do parsing pretty much 'out of the box'.. without having to be built from the ground up.

There isn't however specifically an open source resume parser available... maybe a new project for sourceforge?
By mabdalla
I think Gate might carry the "open sesame" message. http://gate.ac.uk/

I am no longer looking for the resume parser from that narrow point of view. I think resume parsers by today's terminology are already old school. We need Brains of software inside the ATS to match candidates with jobs and jobs with candidates, and maybe other "things" together as well.

NLP and parsers like Gate might hold the promise for a new platform that can create an intelligent system which help sort out though the hords of data that recruiters have.

Regards,

-MA

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]