Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi Team,

I keep getting these errors on the login screen:

Strict Standards: Declaration of SimpleImageSubmitTag::write() should be compatible with SimpleWidget::write(&$encoding) in /home/NNNNNNNN/public_html/INSTALL/lib/simpletest/tag.php on line 483

and many many lines like this too:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/NNNNNNNN/public_html/INSTALL/lib/simpletest/form.php on line 176

I request you to help me to resolve this.

Warm regards,

Fabian
Hi Fabian, glad you made it here. Are you installing 0.9.1a (current release) or 0.9.2(development release)? Most of these errors should be resolved in development. Certainly the demosite has no errors on it (http://demo.opencats.org)

These errors are notification only and don't affect performance. Are you running in LAMP or WAMP environment? If you're running under a LAMP stack, please edit the php.ini file so that errors are not displayed. For WAMP - I believe it's a left click on wamp icon mouse over PHP and then php settings, uncheck display errors.
Hi Fabian,

ahh - shared hosting. Lovely!

Some providers allow a php.ini per customer account, or they can amend it via cpanel. Can you ask your hosting support if there's a php configuration somewhere you can use to suppress display errors?

Alternatively -

install 0.9.2 from github (https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/archive/master.zip)

OR

amend the start of your index.php file in the opencats root directory from this;
Code: Select all
<?php
/*
 * CATS
 * Index (Delegation Module)
 * CATS Version: 0.9.2 Diablo
 * Copyright (C) 2005 - 2007 Cognizo Technologies, Inc.
to this;
Code: Select all
<?php
ini_set('display_errors','off');
/*
 * CATS
 * Index (Delegation Module)
 * CATS Version: 0.9.2 Diablo
 * Copyright (C) 2005 - 2007 Cognizo Technologies, Inc.

This is the &quot;import from resume&quot;[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]