Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello all,

For about a month now, the users of OpenCATS (v0.9.1 (Beas)) get the following error message when they try and load a new candidate:
When you perform actions in CATS like editing a candidate or a job order, CATS assigns numbers to each record that uniquely identifies it. For example, a candidate "Steve Smith" may be identified by the number 101.

The action you're attempting to perform has a unique number like this attached to it. CATS cannot find a record with the number you provided. The record may have been deleted, you may have inadvertently logged off or an incorrect number may have been provided to you.

It's ok! CATS can't complete whatever action you requested, but chances are if you click the back button and refresh the page and try again it will work just fine.
Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Is it worth upgrading/migrating to cadidATS? The installation is a good few years old but get's used daily.

Noob to OpenCATS/Linux Webservers at work so excuse the training wheels.
Hi Kempston,

sorry that you're seeing problems - v 0.9.1 is fairly crusty and you could do with upgrading to current (v0.9.4) - however it'd be good to understand your issue on 0.9.1 first.

- are you running on Windows or Linux?
- have you upgraded PHP when this first occurred?

- can you check your web server error log (it varies, but probably in /var/log/httpd/error.log or /var/log/apache/error.log) for what's reported there when you try to add a new user?

Finally - if you do decide to upgrade.. backup the database and the installation subdirectory beforehand.
Okay, I've changed the database connection and it's working. Now I get the following error message when I click on the Candidates tab:

Query Error -- Report to System Administrator ASAP

MySQL Query Failed: Table 'opencatsel.tag' doesn't exist

SELECT
t1.tag_id,
t1.tag_parent_id,
t2.title AS tag_parent_title,
t1.title AS tag_title
FROM
tag t1
LEFT JOIN
tag t2 ON t2.tag_id = t1.tag_parent_id
WHERE t1.site_id = 1
ORDER BY IFNULL(t1.tag_parent_id, t1.tag_id), t1.tag_id

FYI: I copied the current opencats installation to a different server and copied v0.9.4 over the copy and pointed it to a copy of the database. Not sure if there's an upgrade wizard or something that I need to run.
Okay, I had to manually add two tables:
Code: Select all
CREATE TABLE `tag` (
  `tag_id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `tag_parent_id` INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `title` VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `description` VARCHAR(500) DEFAULT NULL,
  `site_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `date_created` TIMESTAMP NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  PRIMARY KEY (`tag_id`)
) ENGINE=MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;
and
Code: Select all
CREATE TABLE `candidate_tag` (
  `id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `site_id` INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `candidate_id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `tag_id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;
It's working but with one BIG problem... I can't create a Candidate. Now, when I click on Add Candidate, I get an HTTP ERROR 500 which, according to the log file is:
[Wed Jan 31 16:10:13.191779 2018] [:error] [pid 47803:tid 140183655618304] [client 192.168.101.101:57777] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 27668909 bytes) in /home/recruitm/public_html/lib/Template
The PHP memory limit on this site is "memory_limit 512M"

Any suggestions?

The system information is as follows:
General Information
Operating System: Linux kgintranet.kempston.internal 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jan 4 01:06:37 UTC 2018 x86_64
Operating System Type: CATS thinks your operating system is UNIX.
PHP Version: 5.6.33
Database Version: MySQL 5.7.16-log
Installation Directory: /home/recruitm/public_html

Module Schema Version Information
activity 0
attachments 0
calendar 0
candidates 0
careers 0
companies 0
contacts 0
export 0
extension-statistics 1
graphs 0
home 0
import 0
install 364
joborders 0
lists 0
login 0
queue 0
reports 0
rss 0
settings 0
tests 0
toolbar 0
wizard 0
xml 0
Hi...

sorry you've been having fun with this!

PHP 7.x is still unsupported - we do state this clearly in the release notes.

Can you ensure you've downloaded the 'full' installation package
opencats-0.9.4-2-full.tar.gz
or
opencats-0.9.4-2-full.zip

from https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/re ... ag/0.9.4-2 otherwise you'll have to run composer to install the required dependencies.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me