General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By ckwu
Hi, folks,

I have just completed the preliminary version of a (CATS/CK-ERP) connector. A demo of (CATS 0.9.1 + CK-ERP 0.27.1) is available at,

http://ck-erp.com/cats/index.php

As far as I can determine, a (CATS + CK-ERP) environment is most useful to recruitment consultants, head hunters, employment agencies, etc. While CATS supports the frontend business operation, CK-ERP provides facility to manage backoffice routines. All these happen within the familiar CATS processing environment.

A few notes about the new demo,

1. Because CATS requires php5, so the demo is placed at ck-erp.com, the response time of which is unfortunately very slow.
2. I have been careful in retaining the page-footer 'Powered by CATS... © 2005 - 2007 Cognizo Technologies, Inc.' message. If I have violated the CATS MPL in any way, I would appreciate a reminder.

As always, any criticism, feedback, comment, suggestion ... are most welcome.

Best Regards,
CK
By cptr13
Whats the login/password? I clicked the login to demo account link and the supplied one did not work...
By ckwu
Hi, cptr13,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

At the login page, there is this standard message,

*** Please login using: Username = demo , Password = guest ***

Best Regards,
CK
By RussH
It looks as though entirely separate information is maintained - but just to check - do the two applications share data - i.e. customer names, contact names, etc or not?
By ckwu
Hi, RussH,

No. There is no sharing of data. Since the two applications are developed under two separate projects, such is to be expected. I guess I have done part of the job in getting the two applications to work together. For the rest of the integration job, I would encourage any interested developer to continue/complete the work and if he/she so inclines, to contribute his/her integration code back to CATS/CK-ERP.

Best Regards,
CK
By ckwu
Hi, Jos,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

I am afraid the online ad is a necessary evil to help deflat the cost of hosting the demosites [me being a poor open source developer, :-( ]. At the same time, when the (CATS + CK-ERP) connector is formally distributed as part of the next CK-ERP formal release, you would be able to install CK-ERP within your local CATS environment without the ads.

Best Regards,
CK

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me