General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By prafulohm
Just spent two days learning about OpenCATS. We have been looking for software/application like this for long time. It seems to be an awesome application.

I have a question regarding license and what we can do and we can't do.

1) After we download, can we modify the code to include our logo, company name and rename this application to something else?

2) Just curious: Can we package and sell to someone else?

3) Does this application support multiple account managers, recruiters, and different offices? In a demo version, i did not see anything about multiple users.

4) Is there anyone who can help us to download, modify and put it on server/cloud? (We will pay).

We have two offices and 15 recruiters. We are looking for web based recruiting solution.

Thank You.
By RussH
HI!

welcome, glad you found us. Some quick answers below for you..
1) After we download, can we modify the code to include our logo, company name and rename this application to something else?
absolutely
2) Just curious: Can we package and sell to someone else?
yes, so long as you're not seling it as a service - as per the license
3) Does this application support multiple account managers, recruiters, and different offices? In a demo version, i did not see anything about multiple users.
multiple recruiters yes, multiple account managers, err yes. Different offices. IN what way? so long as you can all hit the same instance sure not a problem.
4) Is there anyone who can help us to download, modify and put it on server/cloud? (We will pay).
It's really not that hard - please follow the wiki and shout if you have problems!

Russ!
By prafulohm
Thank You Russ. We will download and see if it works. (I hope it does). If everything goes well, I promise to donate $$$. It appears to be a great product, especially it is free.
By RussH
prafulohm wrote:Thank You Russ. We will download and see if it works. (I hope it does). If everything goes well, I promise to donate $$$. It appears to be a great product, especially it is free.
Hi,

it IS free, I don't want the $$$! All I ask is that if there's any enhancements you make to it, please contribute them back so everyone can benefit.
By _JJ_
I am a bit confused by the answers given in this post and the following passage from the documentation (Legal Information/License FAQ): "The main thing you can NOT do is make money off of it".

But maybe I have interpreted it wrongly as I am not a native speaker. Does it mean that one cannot "sell" the software (modified or not) but that one can use it to run a recruitment agency? The agency would obviously make money by placing candidates and it could be construed that the software assisted in that endeavour.

And as I am here, are there any "native" modules or other software that would work with OpenCATS to handle job postings and applicant submissions and/or integration with LinkedIn?
By cptr13
Correct. You can use it for yourself, for your firm..set it up for anyone you want. Basically, the intention was that you can not set it up and offer it as a paid service, competition with the company that originally designed the early versions. So a Saas type-thing.

As for software that works with OpenCATS, I'm not sure at this point. I know it can pull xml feeds, and there's a wordpress plugin somewhere. But...nothing with linkedin or any api functionality as far as I know.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me