General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By cptr13
You can set up a second instance on the same server, just name the directory /URL something else. Do that install, and use the backup file in the installation
By cptr13
Ok, I'm assuming you're running Windows.

Go through the entire install process again.

Make sure the new installation is named something other than what your current opencats directory is named. (Let's call them OC1 and OC2 for the sake of this post.
In the new install directory (OC2), add a directory named "restore".

At some point during the install add your backup.bak file into the restore folder

When you get to the gui portion of the install (the localhost section in your browser). Choose "install from backup" (or something along those lines).

It should work fine.

Also remember, after you install from backup, you'll need to use the login/password from the other opencats system, as those are restored with the file.

Personally, I'd leave the second copy there. It's good to test your backup files every once in a while. Plus, after the install, all you have to do is delete the INSTALL_BLOCK file out of the main directory, and you can re-do the gui portion of the install without having to tear it all down and start over.

Make sense? Questions? It's pretty simple...
By Ilovecats
Everything worked like you said. Where is the install block?

What do you mean by mean directory...

is it in Htdocs> opencats?
or Php Admin
By cptr13
After you do a new install a file is created called INSTALL_BLOCK. This prevents you from going through the install process everytime you go to the main page. If you want to reinstall without tearing everything down, you simply delete the INSTALL_BLOCK file.

In your case it's located in htdocs->Opencats-> INSTALL_BLOCK

If you look there after the install, you'll see it.

I'm glad it worked!!
By caines1989
Hi CPTR13

I did try what you said everything was fine but i received an error,

Query Error -- Please Report This Bug!

MySQL Query Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't matter if it is delivered too late.
Following SOLID principles and using GRASP' at line 13
By caines1989
caines1989 wrote:Hi CPTR13

I did try what you said everything was fine but i received an error,

Query Error -- Please Report This Bug!

MySQL Query Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't matter if it is delivered too late.
Following SOLID principles and using GRASP' at line 13

I managed to upload my backup via, MYSQL, through the import section before doing the installing, once i uploaded the import and everything was fine, i then continued the installing process of Opencats, everything is fine and looks fine from my backup apart from no attachments are there, but this is still OK as i have them backup,

And i can not select any candidates profiles i get an error

MySQL Query Failed: Table 'db683120201.candidate_tag' doesn't exist

SELECT
t1.tag_id,
t1.tag_parent_id,
t2.title AS tag_parent_title,
t1.title AS tag_title
FROM
tag t1
LEFT JOIN
tag t2 ON t2.tag_id = t1.tag_parent_id
WHERE t1.site_id = 1 AND
t1.tag_id IN (SELECT tag_id FROM candidate_tag WHERE candidate_id = 7)
ORDER BY IFNULL(t1.tag_parent_id, t1.tag_id), t1.tag_id

OpenCats is verry easy to back-up with a simple […]

Hi there. I'm not a software guy but I think it […]

Please suggest alternatives. Run 3

Mass Import of Resumes

Hi Kline, okay so you're getting into some awkwa[…]