Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Neelima Bharti
Hello,

I have opencats setup on my localhost. I skipped the mail setting configuration while installation but later I changed it in config.php file. My localhost is having sendmail package and it is sending SMTP mails correctly. But in opencats mails are not working. In setting of General email configuration whenever I test, it gives following error -

Errors occurred while attempting to send mail to one or more provided addresses: SMTP connect() failed.

I also tried updating PHPmailer but still not working, also my version of opencats is 09.4.2

Please help!! I am stuck in this for days and my deadline of setup is over, I don't want to re-install as much data has been already fed in system. :cry:
Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Neelima
By RussH
Hi,

most likely this is due to some defaults changing in the package PHPMailer - which is used in OpenCATS to send emails. Please see this PR https://github.com/opencats/OpenCATS/pull/357

Basically PHPMailer will enforce TLS, even if you have configured it not to use TLS. The patch above will allow you to revert to 'no TLS'
By Neelima Bharti
Hello,

I checked the solution you suggested but it didn't worked, also I update phpmailer to latest version but it was not compatible with opencats classes and methods as I started getting errors regarding the same. I moved to send mail with php-in-built support but then there is no proper email template codes written for functionality. For example - while Job Order is updated then Recruiter should get mail regarding this with proper email template body but nothing is being received beside a simple username text written in mail.
Do I need to write code for this in all functionality ?
Why there is no linking between cases and email template for them ? Please suggest what to do further.

Thanks,
Neelima

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me