Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello, going by the example of same web hosting used: Bluehost from the online install instructions thinking installation and configuration would be without issues. I went with their cloud hosting package and tried to do a fresh install of opencats-0.9.4-2-full, I get the below error. I searched around and read having an .htaccess file on a webhost may be the causing the issue and tried deleting it with same error. Any guidance would truly be appreciated.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@hiringability.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at hiringability.com Port 80
Need to know:

1) Are you following the directions exactly?
2) At what point in the install are you having issues?
3) What version of openCats are you installing?
4) What version of PhP are you using on your bluehost account?
Hello, i just paid for Bluehost and tried to install and getting the exact error when going to domain.com/OpenCATS
Did anyone figure this out?

1) Are you following the directions exactly? Yes but I had to ask Bluehost tech to switch to php5.6
2) At what point in the install are you having issues? after I go to domain.com/OpenCATS
3) What version of openCats are you installing? latest version i think 9.4
4) What version of PhP are you using on your bluehost account? had them switch it to Php 5.6
I too am getting this error. I follow the instructions for installing on shared domain(they use bluehost, I use hostgator)

1) Are you following the directions exactly? Yes, using all defaults
2) At what point in the install are you having issues? when going to Domain.com/OpenCATS (error - internal server error)
3) What version of openCats are you installing? 0.9.4-2 full
4) What version of PhP are you using on your bluehost account? Hostgator and php 7.0.

OpenCats is verry easy to back-up with a simple […]

Hi there. I'm not a software guy but I think it […]

Please suggest alternatives. Run 3

Mass Import of Resumes

Hi Kline, okay so you're getting into some awkwa[…]