Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello all,

I'm trying to install OpenCATS on a new server and connect it to an existing database on a different server. When I put in the database details in the wizard and test it, I get the error "Cannot connect to database. Unknown MySQL server host...". Any ideas?

I can connect to the database remotely, just not from my OpenCATS server (CentOS 7).

I'm not too familiar with Linux but I think there's something on the server blocking outgoing requests.

Many thanks,

Rob
Got it working! I had skipped installing MySQL on the server as I didn't intend using it so I installed it. I also changed the server name to the IP address and now it's working. Not sure if it was necessary to install the database server but hey, it's working now.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me