Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
I've been working through installation issues for a long time. Finally found thanks to another forum post that the database setup is entirely different than the 9.6.4 documentation. The user is cats, password is password, and the database name is cats_dev. Finally found that the database name was different today thanks to a reply in a post by Gregg.
Now I got past the database errors, and when I open the http://localhost/OpenCATS in a browser, I do not get the installation wizard, but a bunch of the following warnings then the logon screen:
Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\DatabaseConnection.php on line 321

It does seem to create some database tables. But the install wizard, test connectivity, etc. didn't run.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Note: I installed XAMPP-windows-x64-7.2.33-1-VC15
By RussH
Hi there,

really need to know your installed versions of php, MySQL (MariaDB) and which OpenCATS package you're trying to install.

The older packages don't support PHP above 5.6 and the newer one is only supported with 7.2 and MariaDB (as opposed to MySQL).

The documentation is indeed a little out of date, but that will catch up.
By RussH
Hey Dennis,

do you want to catch me on google chat for this? russh at opencats.org or please raise an issue on github, and we can work through it there.
Hi. I'm having the same issues after going through the same problem with the database connectivity issues.
I'm using:
OpenCats 0.9.6
PHP 8.0.9
MariaDB 10.4.2
Windows Version: Home 64-bit

This is the error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Argument #1 ($result) must be of type mysqli_result, bool given in C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\DatabaseConnection.php:321 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\DatabaseConnection.php(321): mysqli_fetch_assoc(false) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\ModuleUtility.php(468): DatabaseConnection->getAssoc('SELECT\n ...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\ModuleUtility.php(282): ModuleUtility::processModuleSchema('activity', Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\ModuleUtility.php(154): ModuleUtility::_refreshModuleList() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\ModuleUtility.php(53): ModuleUtility::getModules() #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\index.php(196): ModuleUtility::loadModule('login') #6 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\DatabaseConnection.php on line 321

OpenCats is verry easy to back-up with a simple […]

Hi there. I'm not a software guy but I think it […]

Please suggest alternatives. Run 3

Mass Import of Resumes

Hi Kline, okay so you're getting into some awkwa[…]