Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By cosg2004
Hello,
I was enthused when I found a free ATS that can be integrated with Joomla. I did not have a problem installing OpenCats (except for the parsing apps antiword ...left them for later). I was not able though to install the Joomla component through the regular Joomla installation (back panel). Missing xml ... The module installed ok though.
Could you provide a more detailed installation (I read the `readme`few times and couldn`t figure out yet.
BTW I run Joomla 1.5.15
Thanks, Constantin
By RussH
Hey Constantin,

I replied to your email - and hopefully it's a bit clearer after my info. If it isn't (and folks are still struggling) please let me know!
By carabusu
Hi,

How can I install the module on an existing joomla? Is there an userguide?

Thanks,
Mihai
By carabusu
Hi,

I did the following steps (for joomla-connector):
1.installed joomla from joomla.org
2.copied joomla-connector folder the foder mod_catsone via ftp to my_site/tmp
3. in the joomla -> administrator page installed the module from the menu Extension -> Install/Uninstall -> Install from directory option; Successful installation message displayed
4. from menu Extension -> Module Manager I enabled Catsone
5. change the settings from my_site/modules/mod_catsone/helper.php with my cats installation (which is another subdomain)

When I'm going to the site a white page is displayed.
Can you help me here please?

Thanks,
Mihai
By carabusu
I tried also the integrated pack (joomla+cats) and when I'm entering in the site/administrator a pop up logon pop up appears but when I entered the admin user/pass for Joomla installation it did not worked.
By RussH
yes yes yes this is all good - check the documentation, this is as designed (!)

You need to customise a few config files with your cats MySQL usernmae and password before it'll work..

from the (little bit dated) documentation...
Automated Installation

If you want to test the Joomla module, the simplest way is to run the joomlapack installer. To do this, download the archive file from the opencats download directory - http://www.opencats.org/downloads/site- ... 103400.zip and install it as if it were a brand new Joomla installation;
unzip the archive file locally to your workstation
upload the files to your site (please rename the .htaccess file in the root directory to htaccess.txt temporarily)
run the Joomla installaiton by pointing your browser to http://www.example.com/installation/index.php
Once installed, the Joomla homepage for your site WILL NOT display!
you will need to edit helper.php in /your_path/modules/mod_catsone to have a valid MySQL username and password for your own cats installation.
Currently this installation has been tested and works reliably.
Note that this will install Joomla 1.5.2 with associated known security holes
Once installed, you are advised to immediately run the patch from Joomla 1.5.2 to the current stable release (currently Joomla 1.5.10).
Any/All questions in the forums please.
RussH
Note: JoomlaPack is at http://www.joomlapack.net
By carabusu
still it is not working; I reinstalled the whole package and modified from modules/mod_catsone/helper.php the line:

$options = array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => "my_cats_sql_server_host", 'user' => 'my_cats_db_user', 'password' => 'my_cats_db_password', 'database' => 'my_cats_db_name', 'prefix' => "" );

CATS is installed remote and after joomlapack installation when I'm entering on the page only a blank page appears.

Trying to get into administration section a pop up appears with 'chasejobs_protected' and not user/pass set by me in the joomlapack installation process is working.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks
By carabusu
I partially solved, when I'm entering in the joomlacats site in left menu it appears Type of Jobs (View all, Commercial, Industrial etc) but when I click on one the white page is displayed again.

The list of Jobs table from the page (like the one from http://chasejobs.co.uk/index.php?option ... pe=Driving) does not appears.

I'm wondering from where does it get those values (Commercial, Industrial etc) because I did not set in my CATS DB such 'categories' and the access of the administrator section still cannot be done (the pop up with 'chasejobs_protected' appears)

Thanks for helping me
By carabusu
I kind of did it in the end... the main issue was the table extra_fields from all queries. In my cats database that table is empty and no results were returned in the joomla frontend even if there were some jobs added.

Do you know when that table is filled? I tried a lot of combinations in add job order section in cats and that table was not filled in the end..

Thanks,
Mihai
By RussH
carabusu wrote:I kind of did it in the end... the main issue was the table extra_fields from all queries. In my cats database that table is empty and no results were returned in the joomla frontend even if there were some jobs added.

Do you know when that table is filled? I tried a lot of combinations in add job order section in cats and that table was not filled in the end..

Thanks,
Mihai
Mihai sorry yep entirely my fault it's documented in the README in the subversion version;

http://code.assembla.com/opencats/subve ... txt?rev=89
Note this readme refers to the SVN version which only supports a remote opencats installation - i.e. the webserver with joomla is separate from the opencats server
This Joomla connector comprises three Joomla components - one module, one component, and one search component (evolved from the image available on the opencats download page).

This connector is known to work with Joomla 1.5.9 and below, and will work by default with OpenCATS v0.9.1a. Some work would be required due to db name changes in order to have it work with OSATS.

The module will display a list of 'sectors' the jobs are available in - for example IT, Management etc
The Component displays the job details, and allows people to apply to jobs.

Options that will need to be changed in order to connect to a different OpenCATS server include;

Description placeholdername in config files

server IP address yourcatsservername
MySQL db name yourcatsdbname
MySQL db username yourcatsdbusername
MySQL db password yourcatsdbpassword

(optionally, for a remote OpenCATS installation, you nedd to further define the directory where you want applicant resume's FTP'd to)

This will need to be configured in the three sections;

-catsone module
-catsone component
-catsone search

to ensure full functionality within Joomla.

As a default OpenCATS installation will not categorise jobs by sector, this Joomla module expects to have an 'extra field' defined from within the CATS administration interface,
please call it "Job Orders"
Within this field you will have the sectors you want to use to categorise your jobs, for example;
Industrial
Commercial
Driving
Catering
Information Technology
Executive

If you want to change these sectors, you need to change the code within the Joomla Module, as it will attempt a match against this extra field.

Remember with a remote OpenCATS server you will need to open the MySQL and FTP ports bwtween your webserver and your OpenCATS server.
MySQL port is 3306
FTP port is 21

Any, all suport queries to the Opencats forum or the develoment discussion list.

FINAL NOTE: this Joomla module/component is not configured to 'automagically install' as yet.
--

RussH | OpenCats.
EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]