Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By maturecoalore
during installation of opencats, i selected smtp and set the port to 25geometry dash online - am using exchange server 2913. post installation, if i run an email config test in opencats administration, i get an error. please help me setup the email system in opencats.
By RussH
Hi,

the email configuration (including different connection options) is saved in config.php, so after installation you can edit that file to change the config.

e.g.
Code: Select all
/* SMTP Settings. You don't need to worry about this unless MAIL_MAILER is
 * set to 3. If your server requires authentication, set MAIL_SMTP_AUTH to
 * true and configure MAIL_SMTP_USER and MAIL_SMTP_PASS.
 */
define('MAIL_SMTP_HOST', "smtp.mailhost");
define('MAIL_SMTP_PORT', "587");
define('MAIL_SMTP_AUTH', "true");
define('MAIL_SMTP_USER', "my.email.user.com");
define('MAIL_SMTP_PASS', "topsecret");
//Options: '', 'ssl' or 'tls'
define('MAIL_SMTP_SECURE', 'tls');

Outbound emails are sent using phpmailer. This php library can be tested outside of opencats, but please check you have exchange configured to permit smtp from your instance.

The simplest way to check is to send an email manually using telnet; https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/excha ... erver-2019

This way, you can determine if exchange is working as expected, befoe moving on to reconfigure opencats.

RussH

You can create your own questionnaire or multipl[…]

Sure! You might want to check if the browser you'r[…]

Create a new recruiter

Hello Everyone, How do you create a new recrui[…]

Just tested on my local instance - works perfectly[…]