Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By rem
Hello,

I'm new to OpenCATS, find it an amazing piece of software and I'm wondering and have to ask you guys how could I display the jobs listings on a front page for visitors, without being required for authentication on the back-end section . Is this possible without having to code this page myself ?

Another issue would be that on the login page I keep getting this annoying PHP warnings :
Code: Select all
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/web_tester.php on line 506

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/test_case.php on line 74

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/test_case.php on line 76

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/test_case.php on line 444

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/test_case.php on line 557

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/test_case.php on line 604

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/expectation.php on line 33

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 180

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 192

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 202

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 253

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 270

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/browser.php on line 289

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 103

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 282

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 519

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 522

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/http.php on line 525

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/url.php on line 382

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/page.php on line 165

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/page.php on line 177

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/page.php on line 190

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/page.php on line 631

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/parser.php on line 208

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/parser.php on line 590

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/form.php on line 176

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/form.php on line 195

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 48

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 180

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 299

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 311

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/user_agent.php on line 317

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 47

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 62

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 233

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 239

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/Projects/opencats/lib/simpletest/unit_tester.php on line 250
Is there a way to turn these errors off? In my php.ini the deprecation warnings are shut down .

Thank you!

Best,
Rem.
By RussH
are you running XAMP? I'd choose to run the older version of PHP so you don't have these errors..
By rem
Nope, not using XAMPP. So you say, I should downgrade my PHP version on the production server just to avoid the deprecation errors for a single application? What about if you tell me where to comment out the error_reporting function 'cause I've been looking for it and couldn't find it ... I think that would be better. Thanks!
By rem
Thanks. I did managed to find where the error_reporting functions are and commented them out. That obviously fixed my problem.
Cheers!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me