Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By ZenGuy
I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenCATS 0.9.1a. Everything appears to be installed correctly, but I get an error message when I start the install wizard. It says that the SOAP extension is not installed.

I performed the "apt-get install php-soap" and rebooted my server, so it's installed.

I suspect that there are three possible answers:

1) The test is invalid and needs to be updated.
2) Ubuntu does not properly support SOAP in the manner that it used to.
3) There are additional settings that need to be set, but are not documented.

I have spent some time on the Internet in an attempt to figure this issue out, and I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do at this point.

I've noticed that there is a similar post on this board, with a Windows solution, but nothing for Linux. Anyone have any clues or suggestions?

Thanks.
By RussH
may be a php version issue - what version are you running? The installer will generally run some checks - but if php-soap is inthere and working you may find continuing the installation will work just fine. Running the app on Centos just fine...
By ZenGuy
Do you know what functionality requires SOAP?

I've noticed that the toolbar in Firefox appears to be broken, but I have not played with the system too much.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me