Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By benrobinette
Please help. I was a catsone client for many years before taking an inhouse position that didn't require my personal database. When I took the position catsone still offered a free account option so I simply downgraded my account expecting that I'd be able to continue using when and if I needed it in the future. Unfortunately it appears that since that time they killed their free account option and my database with it. :( I'm now trying to get restarted as an independent recruiter but my database took nearly a decade to build and without it I'm pretty much starting over from scratch (and with very limited resources). :cry:

Fortunately I kept a couple backups of my database on file for an emergency. The most recent copy is from CATS version 9550 and has all the tables in csv formats. I also have a little older copy that doesn't list the cats version but has everything in sql format. I've tried finding another hosted ATS but in every case have been unable to import my data from existing the cats format so despite my limited technical expertise I decided to try implementing opencats. I set up a WAMP server and followed all the install documentation on this site with very few problems and was able to get everything working as expected. Unfortunately restoring my old data seems to be a far more difficult task.

I've tried restoring from the cats setup wizard but it doesn't seem to recognize either backup. It took me forever to figure out how to circumvent the upload limited in phpmyadmin but I'm now able to see my files from within phpmyadmin. Importing into the existing cats database seems to fail no matter which format I try. It will let me import the schema.sql file into a new database but then it fails when I try to import the database.sql file. Trying to import either copy as a whole in csv.zip or sql.zip format also fails. I'm happy to provide more specific details on each of these attempts but I don't want to waste everyone's time with useless details on something that might not have any chance of success in the first place.

I've now reached a point where I feel like I'm going in circles and I'm losing hope. In looking at the existing cats database I also notice that most of the tables have small differences when compared to my copies (like including a country field). Maybe because its a different version? Can data from one version be imported into another. Is there another way of restoring my data? Any ideas or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ben
By libregeek
I'm not sure whether the database dump is from cats version prior to opencats is not. If it's prior to opencats release, then I guess you should be possible to upgrade it. However, if the backup file is from a later version of catsone, then it might be difficult to restore it. This is mainly because catsone may have changed their database schema after terminating the Open Source verison.

I guess the best approach is to hire a developer and develop scripts to upload the backup(CSV/SQL) format to the current OpenCats db schema. You may also have to add adidtional fields to the current OpenCatsDB schema to accomodate the additional information you mentioned(Eg: country).

Good luck.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me