Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
Hi Dveos.. which issue does this address and I'll look to add it to the codebase!
By dveos
Hi Russ,

It solves an issue that the email history patch has when recording emails sent through the Log Activity Pop up > Change Status > Send Email Notification option
By CFM
Just to clarify this thread. The files contained in the attached Russ.zip include the modifications which cause email sent from the candidate selection grid to be logged as activity against the candidates whilst the code below addresses an issue with these changes?

dveos wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 12:38 The following change in lib/pipelines.php from line 369 solves the activity issue:-
Code: Select all
/* Send e-mail notification. */
            //FIXME: Make subject configurable.
            $mailer = new Mailer($this->_siteID);
            $mailerStatus = $mailer->sendToOne(
                array($emailAddress, '', 'candidate->'.$candidateID),
                CANDIDATE_STATUSCHANGE_SUBJECT,
                $emailText,
                true
            );
        }
    }

Also, in the Russ.zip archive, there are files with the extension .bak. I assume they are the original files prior to changes required for the activity log mod?
By CFM
dveos wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 19:03 Hi Russ,

It's a start!

Please find instructions below, it's not 100% perfect yet as I noticed an issue with emails being sent through the "Activity" pop up. But seems to work perfectly when you email candidates through the standard procedure.

1, Firstly need to create two columns in the email_history table entitled for_id and for_module.
2, I have attached amended files for upload, don't think I'm missing anything.. then job done!

Basically what should happen is when an email goes out it logs the Candidate ID in the for_id column, and also module (i.e. Candidates). Then returns each email in the data grid.

Any issues let me know, or similarly if you can solve the activity email issue please do let me know! :D

Okay, I have now spent about 5 hours trying to get this patch to work. It does log activity, however all for_id's (candidate id's) as 0. Looking at the modified file I cannot see how mailer.php can obtain the candidate id. This means that $id=0. Initially it also reported a sql error:

MySQL Query Failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '
NOW()
)' at line 18

INSERT INTO email_history (
from_address,
recipients,
text,
user_id,
site_id,
for_module,
for_id,
date
)
VALUES (
'XXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX',
'test7@XXXXXXXX',
'Subject: HELLO 3\n\nMessage:\nHELLO 3',
'candidates',
NOW()
)

This was correct by changing the for_id query from %s to %d i.e. from a string to an integer. Emails are now sent and logged, however, with 0 as the candidate ID.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me