General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
FIrst time on this board.

So far so good, I got opencats running locally on windows.

the obstacle in encountered was a folder named install_block. after trying to install and following the documentation
i deleted this folder and voila it deployed and i am able to use. but it still needs some optimization.

i tried to convert add a pdf resume to a candidate record and got the following error, the only error so far btw.

Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\opencats\lib\DocumentToText.php on line 362

Next phase is to try to get this running via my shared web host. so i can log on remotely and add a user. securely.
By cptr13
Hi Steve, thanks for posting this here. People come here to search out problems and solutions. This will help someone in the future :)

I have been trying to work through installing on windows as well and running into the same errors (thus no updated documentation and video yet).

The windows install will work fine IF you click "skip this step" on the resume indexing tools. But you won't have resume indexing. I've used OpenCATS for years without resume indexing, but it's a personal preference thing.

The shared hosting documentation and video works, though there will be some variations depending on who the web host is. I did my set up with Bluehost, and also went through a Godaddy install, and it was almost identical.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!!
By cptr13
It doesn't necessarily have to be removed...the different files can just be renamed. The ones with INSTALL_BLOCK in there should be labeled with Docker...or whatever they're being used for so people don't download them for fresh installs.
By a2avin
Sorry I could not resolve this issue. Whenever I try to add a candidate and try uploading the file it shows up this fatal error:
Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\ats\lib\DocumentToText.php on line 362

What do I need to update. BTW I have downloaded and installed just today
By cptr13
Did you install the resume indexing tools?

From the documentation:

Step 4 Setup resume indexing

Unfortunately, for now, there is no resume indexing. * Click Skip this Step.

I'm pretty sure that's where the COM Errors are coming from. Can you reinstall, this time click "skip this step" on the resume indexing tools part?

Also, if you completed the installation, you will need to remove the INSTALL_BLOCK file again.

Let us know how it goes!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me