Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By bapajan
Hi,

I downloaded the 0.9.1 version and tried installing the same. It is asking me to register for a key. I would be grateful, if someone could you enlighten me on this issue?

Regards
By cptr13
3163GQ-54ISGW-14E4SHD-ES9ICL-X02DTG-GYRSQ6

Someone dug it out of their CATS installation a few months ago. Very helpful for 0.9.1 installs.
By bapajan
Hi,

Thank you very much for the insight and the key. It worked and I was able to install the system. Now the critical question is on the roadmap of OpenCATS. I have read through the postings on the license issue and things like that in this forum. I would be grateful, if somebody could provide me with the latest information/agreement on the licensing issue. The clarity on the license issue will greatly help me aligning my resources for contribution accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Regards
By RussH
bapajan wrote:Hi,

Thank you very much for the insight and the key. It worked and I was able to install the system. Now the critical question is on the roadmap of OpenCATS. I have read through the postings on the license issue and things like that in this forum. I would be grateful, if somebody could provide me with the latest information/agreement on the licensing issue. The clarity on the license issue will greatly help me aligning my resources for contribution accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Regards
Hi,

the license is clarified in the wiki here;
http://opencats.org/wiki/index.php5?title=License_FAQ

Please let me know your thoughts - we're a community of users here!
By bapajan
Thank you for pointing me to the right place and it is very sad to see the restrictions. what are you all contemplating on the next move? How does the module under Joomla consume from the license?

Regards
By RussH
bapajan wrote:Thank you for pointing me to the right place and it is very sad to see the restrictions. what are you all contemplating on the next move? How does the module under Joomla consume from the license?

Regards
At the moment there are some PM's flying around about a possible rewrite under the GPL - but in reality I don't believe we have the momentum for that. Happy to be proved wrong. At the end of the day it's not an overly complex application, the real work was planning the workflow and reporting requirements etc. Feel free to contribute to the discussion!
By cptr13
There are no restrictions on usage. You can use it for your own company in any way you want. What you can not do (basically) is charge for providing services supporting or hosting CATS.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me