General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By steve9999
Let's say we have a group of 10 possible interviewers, all of whom have separate interview availabilities. We want applicants to choose their interview times based on the combined availability of the 10 possible interviewers, meaning they only see one set of available times (which includes the times from all 10 interviewers).

Then, the interviews would get spread out evenly between the 10 interviewers as applicants start reserving times.

Is this possible, or any element of it?

Thanks!
By cptr13
With OpenCATS? Not just no, but hell no.

That's a scheduling issue.

I want to make sure I understand this though, because I've looked at scheduling software and can point you to some.

10 interviewers. You want candidates to be able to view availability for all 10 and self-schedule interviews.

Do the 10 have to be at the same time? IE, all ten available and sitting in the same interview? Or simply ten people available for a one on one interview?
By steve9999
Why hell no? What's the issue?

Yes, I want candidates to be able to self-schedule interviews based on the combined availability of 10 interviewer calendars. There could be 3 interviewers available 10pm to 1pm Mon-Fri, but only 1 interviewer available 4pm-5pm. The calendar availability would show both time slots available, but if someone schedules the 4pm slot, that would go away for the next candidate for that same day. I know a solution like ScheduleOnce can do this, but we are looking for open source solutions (hence, asking here) or other solutions.
By cptr13
Ok, you need a scheduling app. There's nothing like that in OpenCATS.

BUT....I've spent quite a bit of time looking at open source scheduling apps.

Check out easyappointments.org/

it's php/sql Good functionality. I think it'll cover what you're looking for. You may have to do some digging to tweak it, but it sounds like you've got the tenchnical knowhow to do that.

If you happen to do any code integration between it and opencats, PLEASE donate it back to the project, it would be hugely appreciated.
There's a demo on the site, I'm 99% sure it'll do what you want. It's basically an open source version of calendly and the like.
By cptr13
If you need help with the non-coding aspects of setting it up for your organization, just puta post here, I'll try to walk you through it.
By RussH
I've not seen that software before- thanks cptr13!

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me