General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By tonnic
Does CATS use a boolean search?. Also, since resume parsing is not available for opencats (if it is, how?) where are resumes saved for search capabilities?... I have a few sample people in the database, but when I search on words or phrases that I know are in their resumes, which are attached, I get no search results.
By RussH
Maybe I need to be a bit clearer on the terminology.. however;

the search option in the 'candidates' module only searches particular fields - not a full-text search of the entire entry. I'd have to go check the code to see which fields it searches, but I'm pretty certain it's only first-name/last name etc.

You can search other fields by using the filter option - i.e. choose a filter for location, and then search for the location that you're after.

for full text searching you need to have the correct dependencies installed - which are articulated here:
http://www.opencats.org/documentation/O ... -_In_Depth
...and then as you grow the number of resume's (or C.V's) that you have, you can install sphinx to accelerate the full text search and (optionally) support boolean search operators.

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]