General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
Received this email from Mr. Asim at 2am New Year's Day (Jan 1st 2009). I guess hosted CATS is not doing so good that he is awake on New Year's eve/morning trying to hunt down open source users and send them violation notices. ;) He has alienated hundreds of users when he closed down the open source after years of our input.

-------------
Your installation of our CATS Applicant Tracking System Software (http://www.catsone.com) on your URL and all subsequent job order listing pages...

is violating the CATS Public License (CPL). You have intentionally removed the link to http://www.catsone.com in the footer. A copy of the CPL is included in the CATS source package. It is clearly stated in the source code files, that such removal constitutes violation of our license and United States Copyright and Trademark Laws.

Please restore the footers, links, and copyrights immediately to the original copyrights and confirm via e-mail that you have done so.

Thanks,

--
Asim Baig
Cognizo Technologies
8201 Norman Center Drive, Suite 220
Bloomington, MN 55437
w: (952) 232-0880 x101
c: (612) 382-7474
Meet the Cognizo Team

Good afternoon Asim,

2AM whoa.. You do not celebrate New Year? ;)

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. The link to CATS was
always there. I am on holidays till the Jan 12th and will look at it
as soon as I am back in the office. Have great holidays!
...so have you folded yet? :shock:

This continues to be the limitation on OpenCATS of course - at the end of the day, the code is still governed by the restrictions within the Cats Public License (CPL)... and if Cognizo rewrote it to say we all have to stand on one leg whilst using the app, you'd better be doing it or else..!

I may be wrong, but I reckon the CPL is the major factor hindering the pool of developers 'out there' from engaging on the project. Maybe an ATS just isn't sexy enough!

Until or unless there's a realistic alternative (hey - go look at my Joomla module!) then we are where we are.
Last edited by RussH on 20 Jan 2009, 00:30, edited 1 time in total. Reason: edited for grammer

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]