Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
To install OpenCats on my laptop, I prepared my system by downloading & installing XAMPP. I launched phpMyAdmin, granted all privileges on database opencats then clicked go. It looked like it worked however once I went to install OpenCATS software and went to the localhost/opencats and clicked on the installation wizard, it gave me a fatal error.

Fatal Error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\CATSUtility.php on line 108

Can you please let me know what's the best way to fix this syntax error. Thanks
Hi,

the current version only supports a maximum version of PHP 7.2. I assume from the error message you're using PHP 7.4 or upwards. If you choose to run XAMPP with PHP 7.2 it'll be fine.
Ok, thanks.
When I installed XAMPP I didn't see a XAMPP that had a PHP 7.2 version. I installed XAMPP V64-8.0.28.0-VS16-installer.exc

*Where would I find the PHP 7.2version??
Since I already have XAMPP on my computer can I just download a PHP 7.2 or do I have to take off the XAMPP and start over??
The error message you're encountering indicates that the PHP code in the file "CATSUtility.php" is using array and string offset access syntax with curly braces, which is no longer supported in newer versions of PHPwordle.

To fix this syntax error, you'll need to update the code in the "CATSUtility.php" file to use square brackets instead of curly braces for array and string offset access.

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]

Errors restoring mysqldump backup

doesnot work for me