Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By Allan M
Hi Sirs,
Been using OpenCats for year as I am an HR Professional and OpenCats has been a great help to me and where I made customizations according to my need.
However, I have not tried the email feature yet, and this is one of the best feature worth a try. After days of searching and attempt to configure, I failed sadly :( . am begging for your help Dear Sirs.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PHPMailer\PHPMailer\Exception' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.' in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\src\PHPMailer.php:2212 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\src\PHPMailer.php(2019): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->smtpConnect(Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\src\PHPMailer.php(1678): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->smtpSend('Date: Sat, 6 Ma...', '--b1=_7kVJcVFU9...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\src\PHPMailer.php(1516): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->postSend() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\Mailer.php(241): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->send() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\lib\Mailer.php(135): Mailer->send(Array, Array, 'CATS Test E-Mai...', 'This is a CATS ...', true, true, Array, 78, true) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\ajax\testEmailSettings.php(93): Mailer->sendToOne(Array, 'CATS Test E-Mai...', 'This is a CATS ...', true) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\ajax.php(115): i in C:\xampp\htdocs\OpenCATS\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\src\PHPMailer.php on line 2212
By RussH
Hi there,

from the error this is a simple smtp authentication error. So wrong credentials are being used. Can you ensure you're using the correct port, username, password etc - and if you're using gmail you will have to have enabled IMAP and 'lower security' and probably use an app password (they make it needlessly complicated). Gmail is actively discouraging people from using external services to email outbound through their accounts. I tend to use services like mailgun.com for application traffic (including opencats)

Please check the config in your config.php file, should be similar..
Code: Select all
define('MAIL_MAILER', 3);

/* Sendmail Settings. You don't need to worry about this unless MAIL_MAILER
 * is set to 2.
 */
define('MAIL_SENDMAIL_PATH', "/sbin/sendmail");

/* SMTP Settings. You don't need to worry about this unless MAIL_MAILER is
 * set to 3. If your server requires authentication, set MAIL_SMTP_AUTH to
 * true and configure MAIL_SMTP_USER and MAIL_SMTP_PASS.
 */
define('MAIL_SMTP_HOST', "smtp.eu.mailgun.org");
define('MAIL_SMTP_PORT', "587");
define('MAIL_SMTP_AUTH', "true");
define('MAIL_SMTP_USER', "username@domain.com");
define('MAIL_SMTP_PASS', "secretpassgoeshere");
//Options: '', 'ssl' or 'tls'
define('MAIL_SMTP_SECURE', 'tls');

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]

Export part in Job Order order search

Same problem as mine. Maybe you're right, I'll che[…]

The error message you're encountering indicates th[…]