Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hello,

i'm testing opencats for a day now and encountered a severe problem with the charsets. As i come from germany, we have some special characters an mutations (i.e. ä, ü ...). Now there are some crazy "two way" problems. First, when i add a new candidate like Mr. Möller, the name is shown correctly in my web browser (FF 15.0) in dashboard, candidates pages, activities and lists, but the characters in the database look like this: Mr. Möller. There not correctly shown in the calendar in the Event View, too.
If i add a new event, the event title is not correct in database and calender overview.

If i correct the database entries manually, there correct in the database but incorrect at the candidates page in case of the candidates names. The event title is incorrect in the calendar upcoming events page only (example: Bewerbergespr?ch). The shown event in calendar and the view event section is okay.

On the opposite, when i add a extra field for the candidates section, the name is correct in the database, but not in the add extra field section (like: Nationalit?t). Same for the shown field in the candidates section.

I don't know what to do. Database Tables are all on utf-general-ci or utf-unicode-ci, server charset in php myadmin is shown as utf-8-unicode and mysql connection collation on utf-8-general-ci. Browser as well.
How can i get with this? Any ideas?

Second question goes to time and date formats. Has anyone experience in changing date format to dd.mm.yyyy (instead of dd-mm-yy in UK localization) and time format to 24 hour format? I tried to play with the .php data but managed only to get a dd-mm-yyyy display in the view event section. When i try to set '.' instead of '-' then i get a mm.dd.yyyy displayed. Very tricky.
Other date format changes didn't work but i don't know in which files i have to make changes. I've tried a little bit with de DateUtility.php but as i said without success so far.

Any help on both issues is very much appreciated. :)
Thank you!

I forgot my configuration: Win Xp, Wamp 2.2, MySQL 5.5.24, PHP 5.3.13, Apache 2.2.22, FF 15.0
Hi all,

so far i figured out to get the data correctly into the database.
I've inserted a SET NAMES statement into the DatabaseConnection.php right after connecting to mysql:

public function connect()
{
$this->_connection = @mysql_connect(
DATABASE_HOST, DATABASE_USER, DATABASE_PASS
);
mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'");

Now all inserted data with mutuations is stored correctly. The data is displayed fine too for the most modules.

Only the calendar itself shows some problems. The Upcoming Events and Calls modules are just fine; events with mutuations in the title are displayed as they should, i.e. "Gespräch".
The calendar overview, no matter if monthly, weekly or daily, shows the event and the event title like that: "Gespräch". Same for the View Event and Edit Event section. The candidate link in the View Event section is also shown with these "broken" characters.
The data in the database is stored correctly, so i think it could be a problem on the way back from server and database to the client. But i don't understand why this happens only for these parts of the calendar and everything else is working just fine.

Maybe now someone has an idea?

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]