Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By DaveI
Hi,
I've recently transferred an opencats installation and am intermittantly experiencing very slow (unusable) operation.
I've read elsewhere on this forum that possible cause maybe app trying to contact non functional parsing service.
Since I don't have access to the server hosts file, is it possible/legal to amend the code to stop this and if so, does anyone know where this code is located.

Thanks
Dave
By RussH
Hiya, yes, just parse the SVN tree for catsone.com and comment / replace. Deploy in a test configuration first. Contribute useful changes back here!
By johnvc
A follow up question that is similar (maybe)..
When I request to see a Word Doc for a candidate, it takes about 10-15 seconds to show me the document.
When I connect to the 'shared' folder and go to the 'attachments' folder directly and double click any DOC,
the document opens quickly with no lag.
If it is the same issue as this one, is your answer of "parsing the SVN tree" ,
does that mean opening and searching thru all the .php files in the 'modules' folder?
Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks!
By johnvc
Hello all, (Russ)
I have installed Opencats on Xampp on Windows XP and Windows 7, and I have installed Opencats on a Centos OS VM .
All on relatively new , fast PC's with NO Antivirus anywhere!
I have only imported 4 resumes on each, so the db's are empty.
When I open a candidate and click to see an attached PDF resume, the document opens quickly.
HOWEVER, when I open a candidate and click to see an attached Word DOC resume,
Internet Explorer asks if I want to Open, or Save the Document from 192.168.x.x.
If I select Save, the process is quick to save, and quick to open.
BUT if I select to OPEN in IE,
the document takes anywhere from 10-20 secs!
Is it something with IE?
Is there a known workaround that I have not see in the forums?
Please , any assistance or guidance, will be greatly appreciated!
John

UPDATE : Works perfectly with Firefox!
Problem seems to be with IE 11 , maybe a security setting. If I figure it out, I'll post it.
By RussH
Hi!

If it's an IE specific problem, most likely it's one of two issues;
- either you need to add the site into the 'trusted sites' security zone, or it's MS's 'safe browsing' lookup yo see if it's on their blacklist of sites.

..but the zone thing will be quick and easy to fix.

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]