General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By RussH
Jos wrote:Russh,

What is the current status of the joomla module. I want to implement it, but still cannot find the module to be downloaded nor find the code for CATS backend.
Hi Jos,

I was waiting for one of the other forum members to document it as they were implementing it first... but that doesn't seem to have happened. There is a 'raw' download in the downloads section - you should just have to copy over the contents of the modules and components. No modification to CATS is required.

This version currently only works with Joomla 1.5.2 but it's been made to work with the most recent version (1.5.6) by some of the forum members.

I'm in the throes of rebuilding the office server - but once that's complete I'll be moving onto the integration piece myself - and documenting it as I go. There is the possibility (for those who are interested) to have a remote cats server separate from the joomla webserver.

If there's any details I can offer before it's documented - just PM me or email me.

Russ
By Jos
Ahhh, well...I am still on joomla 1.0.13 so need to upgrade that first.

I will give it a try and post back my results here.
By pheedback
I saved the saved version from the downloads directory and extracted them. Then I copied the mod_catsone folder to my webhost and installed from directory into Joomla (I might have been able to create a zip file from the files and install that way). When I go to refresh the website I get the error message:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JException::setQuery() in /home/censored/censored/censored.com/modules/mod_catsone/helper.php on line 46
I haven't done anything to change the database information as to how to access it. If instructions can be included on where to change the database info at that might fix my problem. I also tried to install the component, but there is no set up xml file so I can't add it and it would take me a bit to create the setup xml file so I gave up. I would be glad to help get the information for installing Cats in Joomla together as it serves a great function.
By pheedback
I modified the helper.php file and changed the lines that read:
$options	= array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => $host, 'user' => $user, 'password' => $password, 'database' => 'chasejob_cats', 'prefix' => "" );
$options	= array ( 'driver' => $driver, 'host' => $host, 'user' => 'chasejob_cats', 'password' => 'thepasswordgoeshere', 'database' => 'chasejob_cats', 'prefix' => "" );
to include the correct database connection information. When I click on a link I get a 404 Component not found error because I don't yet hve the component in place.

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]