General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
By fernandoe
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a working demo site with the Sphinx search functionality installed? This feature would essentially be a make or break deal for us in selecting CATS as our applicant tracking system.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Fernando
By RussH
Generally shared webhosts don't allow you to install sphinx or have difficulties getting it configured. You might want to search the recent posts here for a webhost that said they had no issues with doing this for CATS users. They may be able to offer you a demo site. Certainly the demo site I have over at www.chasejobs.co.uk doesn't have the resume search functionality enabled.

it's also somewhat out of sync with the details in the wiki as the joomla frontend is currently displaying data from another cats installation and not the one on chasejobs - I've been playing with the functionality to have a webserver running joomla connect to a remote cats installation. I'll get it set back to the 'standard' configuration before long - don't worry!

However the sphinx functionality doesn't offer anything new - it simply speeds up the existing 'full-text' search functionality within the app.
By fernandoe
Hey Russ, thanks for clearing that up.

In that case, this brings up a follow-up question.

After uploading a mock resume word document consisting of the 'lorem ipsum...' text, I type in 'lorem ipsum' in the Quick Search field and click on the search button. However, nothing appears to be pulled up (no search hits).

Am I missing something here, or does the full text search only work on text that is manually input into the CATS system?

Thanks, and sorry for the borderline-n00b question.
By RussH
fernandoe wrote: After uploading a mock resume word document consisting of the 'lorem ipsum...' text, I type in 'lorem ipsum' in the Quick Search field and click on the search button. However, nothing appears to be pulled up (no search hits).
No worries - this should only be an issue if you didn't enable all the add-ons during setup - when the app asks for antiword, html2txt etc - did you install all of them?

Otherwise yes, it does (should) work...
let me know!
By RussH
cdsmerybuck wrote:A big thank yoy for bringing the CATS forum back, now I've got access I'm trying to install Sphinx. It seems to have installed OK, but as soon as I run a search I have a fatal error Sphinx Error: Connection to localhost:3312 failed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this

Thanks in advance
a tad late, but that's simple - you don't have searchd running...

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]