General discussion of OpenCATS

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but keep comments directed to the topic at hand.
Hi eveybody;

My website uses CATS 0.9.1, i have installed sphinks too to perform search operation, the sphinks version used for CATS is : 0.9.7-RC2, now the sphinks new version is 0.9.8-release, it's more strong and suitable.
I want to upgrade my sphinks to this version, so i need your help to do this, it's important for me.

Thanks for your replies;

Naima;
naima_cats wrote:No idea?? :( No reply;
It's important for me, my client asks me if i have any progress.

Thanks;
Hiya - sorry I've not done this myself, the only suggestion I'd have is to try it on a test system, and upgrade the version of sphinx and see what breaks. I WILL get to it eventually - but I'm backlogged with other work as well!
I have personal contact details to one of the core developers at Cognizio, who personally built CATS 0.9.1 (and is no longer at Cognizio), maybe he built the Sphinx_for_CATS as well, or would know what to do. Send me your contact info (to zoomiest @ gmail ) and I will have him contact you.
zoomiest wrote:I have personal contact details to one of the core developers at Cognizio, who personally built CATS 0.9.1 (and is no longer at Cognizio), maybe he built the Sphinx_for_CATS as well, or would know what to do. Send me your contact info (to zoomiest @ gmail ) and I will have him contact you.
That sounds excellent - why don't you entice him onto the forums? :-)
naima_cats wrote:Hi eveybody;

My website uses CATS 0.9.1, i have installed sphinks too to perform search operation, the sphinks version used for CATS is : 0.9.7-RC2, now the sphinks new version is 0.9.8-release, it's more strong and suitable.
I want to upgrade my sphinks to this version, so i need your help to do this, it's important for me.

Thanks for your replies;

Naima;
Naima,

version 0.9.8.1 installed without issue - hope you had the same experience.
Last edited by RussH on 18 Apr 2009, 01:23, edited 1 time in total. Reason: edited for fat fingers

This is the "import from resume"[…]

EMAIL CONFIGURATION

Hi, the email configuration (including different[…]

as the title says...

It's essential to keep these synchronized to ensur[…]