Please describe the issue you're having
If you accept the answer, please mark the topic as [SOLVED] by clicking the tick.

Moderators: RussH, cptr13

Forum rules: Just please remember to play nicely once you walk through the door. You can disagree with us, or any other commenters in this forum, but respect our space and keep your comments directed to the topic at hand.
By meline
Hi All,

I want to add additional fields in Job Order Section. I have added the appropriate column in Database. I know that i shall update Add, Edit and Show tpl files, besides I shall update Joborder.php at lib.
Does anyone know the exact path for adding new fields, in other words step by step description?

Will be very appreciated if you direct me on this.

Thanks,
By A0565
I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to add more fields, I hate my life right now. Anyway, you can easily add more fields by doing extra fields in the settings and adding to the candidates area. Then when you are in the career portal editor on "Content - Apply for Position", there's a button that says "insert job application field" - just select your custom field from there and click that button.

The reason I spent 3 hours working on this is because I wanted to add fields without being "extra fields" because I want the data stored in the 'candidates' table and therefore I'm able to make it searchable. If you are looking to do this, it's going to take you awhile, but it's possible by editing these files:
lib/Candidates.php
lib/Questionnaire.php
modules/candidates/Edit.tpl
modules/candidates/Add.tpl
modules/candidates/Show.tpl
modules/candidates/CandidatesUI.php
modules/careers/CareersUI.php

Then add the new column to the table, I did mine right after column best_time_to_call because it seems that was the last column to be added which makes it easier to just copy/paste then edit code for best_time_to_call for my new field. After that, simply include it in the HTML code in portal editor.
PHP version

PHP is a versatile and widely-used server-side s[…]

Searching candidates through API

Have you set up the correct job classification? So[…]

eggy car Actually, the problem should have[…]

Upgrading CATS 0.8 to 0.9.1

nice work. بادل